The prompt collection of slow-paying and overdue accounts is the heart of every business's survival.
In so doing, debt collectors have the difficult task of handling customers, coping with conflict, confrontation, negativity and rudeness. Good methodical debt collecting practices for early recovery often prevents unpleasant experiences.
This practical session will highlight the importance of debt collecting and why retaining customers is so crucial to the business.
- Understanding the importance of this position within the cycle of a company
- Motivation, positive attitude – being part of the solution, not the problem
- Understanding the importance of the customer
- Being a good listener by applying effective listening skills
- Understanding the importance of cash flow
- Developing sound customer relationships
- Planning collections by preparing customer information and profiles
- Confirming a commitment to pay and following up until payment is received
- Keeping accurate records
- Dealing with delay tactics and objections effectively
- Handling difficult callers assertively without being aggressive
- Managing time and prioritising tasks
- Taking ownership and accepting responsibility
Please note that this link is unique to you. Transferring this link to another user is an infringement of copyright. If you have subscribed to a course, the cost is per delegate, not per screen.