This workshop is designed to provide a strong foundation in understanding the principles and skills of good leadership; how to apply influencing techniques and how to communicate effectively when delegating tasks.
Completion of this training will provide team leaders with skills on building relationships together with effective strategies on 'getting the job done' through others.
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Approaches to leadership
- Types of leaders
- Building relationships
- Why leaders influence
- Process of delegation
- Why delegate?
- Delegation model
- Team communication
Introducing the Role of Leadership
- Understanding the relationship between leadership and influence
- Understand the main approaches to leadership
- Traits perspective
- Behavioral perspective
- Leadership styles
- Charismatic leadership
- Understand how to build relationships
- Appreciate different methods and zones of influence
- Effectively employ influencing tactics
The Process of Delegation
- Why delegate?
- Accountability vs. responsibility
- Delegation vs. instruction
- Ways to delegate
- Key points when delegating
- Who to delegate to?
- What can and cannot be delegated
- Why not delegate?
- Evaluating delegation
- Common problems found when delegating
- Model for effective delegation
- Team Motivation
- Problem solving
- Conflict Handling
- Team development
Please note that this link is unique to you. Transferring this link to another user is an infringement of copyright. If you have subscribed to a course, the cost is per delegate, not per screen.