Organisations the world over rely on information to make sound decisions regarding all manner of affairs.
But with the amount of available data growing on a daily basis, the ability to make sense of all that data is becoming more and more challenging.
Fortunately, this is where the power of Microsoft® Office Excel® can help.
Excel can help you organise, calculate, analyse, revise, update, and present your data in ways that will help the decision makers in your organisation steer you in the right direction.
It will also make these tasks much easier for you to accomplish, and in much less time than if you used traditional pen-and-paper methods or non-specialised software.
This course aims to provide you with a foundation of Excel knowledge and skills, which you can build upon to eventually become an expert in data manipulation.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Use Excel Commands
- Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Enter Cell Data
- Use Excel Help
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Create Worksheet Formulas
- Insert Functions
- Re-use Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Insert, Delete and Adjust Cells, Columns and Rows
- Search for and Replace Data
- Use Proofing and Research Tools
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Apply Text Formats
- Apply Number Formats
- Align Cell Contents
- Apply Styles and Themes
- Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Create and Use Templates
Lesson 5: Printing Workbooks
- Preview and Print a Workbook
- Set Up the Page Layout
- Configure Headers and Footers
Lesson 6: Managing Workbooks
- Manage Worksheets
- Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Manage Workbook Properties