The Agribusiness Portfolio Committee is honoured to host Umvoto Africa (Pty) Ltd. The meeting will discuss the state of groundwater in the Western Cape, its impact on agribusiness, how to mitigate water risks in the agricultural sector and the legislative aspects of agricultural water.
The presentations will provide an overview of:
The groundwater aquifers in the Western Cape
- An introduction to the geology and groundwater conditions in / around South-Western Cape
- The Western Cape Water Supply System
Borehole siting and construction
- Scientific and targeted borehole siting
- Borehole drilling / construction / testing
Groundwater monitoring and management
- How to prevent groundwater over-use and over-drilling
- Groundwater monitoring: importance, why and how
- Potential impacts of agriculture to surface water and groundwater quality
- Water management over farmer property boundaries and farmer area schemes
Agricultural water legislation
- Water use licenses - general authorisations
- What is required to get a water use license
- Water use licenses: challenges and solutions
- Verification and validation of use (existing and lawful use) process
We welcome your input and engagement at the meeting.
Please note that this link is unique to you. Transferring this link to another user is an infringement of copyright. If you have subscribed to a course, the cost is per delegate, not per screen.